Had a lovely meal. We went for seniors menu but no vegetarian dish on menu. I was allowed to have the roast veg tagliatelle which was lovely. Had the sticky toffee pudding and custard which was also really nice. Unlimited tea or coffee. Very quiet at lunch time
We (4 of us) had an excellent meal off the festive menu yesterday. The food and service was superb and we will be returning in the New Year to sample the normal menu.
Disgusted to be asked to complete a review after last nights chaos.
Booked a table for 3 on October 24th for evening of December 2nd.
Booking fully confirmed by email shortly after.
The fast forward to the evening and I left my office in Cannock to meet family for the meal.
On walking in. The place was deserted apart from one person behind the bar and a table if 2 drinking.
The staff member was surprised to see me and also challenged that I had a booking as the kitchen staff had walked out two weeks earlier and no food was being served.
I did show him the email with confirmation of the booking, to be fair the chap did apologise, but didn’t stop my displeasure at not being contact after travelling 30 miles to get there. Just a sorry and goodbye, not even offered a drink. Was too busy rolling a cigarette to care.
Hi, we booked a table for 4 based on a number of friends recommendations. We arrived on time and were promptly given a menu each. Having chosen our starters and main course the waitress then presented us with another identical menu but this one had nearly all of our choices unavailable. We didn't stay for our meal as we were so disappointed with the now severely diminished choices.
If we had been given the second menu at the beginning, we may have stayed but considering the poor start to the evening probably not.
Great service, great food, and a great atmosphere.
very clean establishment and friendly staff.
Very slow service. After waiting 20 mins for someone to take our order has to go to the bar to order food for another 20 minute wait.
Just everything was dealt with at a very slow pace and spending over 70 pound on a meal was just a bit disappointed with how slow things were
Absolutely fantastic. Brilliant and extremely attentive staff, food was amazing, fairly priced and deserts were wonderful.
Very impressed! Will be back, we only booked a table last minute on a Saturday eve and we didn’t regret it.
Just seen some negative reviews below about Sundays, can’t review the Sunday lunch but main menu was spot on!
I had high hopes for this restaurant but was severely let down!
1. I booked via the website on 20.08.22 and asked someone to call me as it was for my mothers birthday on the 21.08.22 and wanted to discuss how I could bring a cake and have them bring it out etc - no one called!
2. First ordered drinks at the bar - had no lemonade, not the end of the world but when you want shandy or lemonade in the wine is was!
3. Seated at table, after waiting over 10 mins we had to ask if it was table service or order at bar - finally someone came over and took the order
4. After 20 mins of waiting for food and watching other tables receive their food who ordered after us we asked the young gentleman where our food was - he came out but didn’t address us but another lady did and informed us that there was an issue with the ticketing machine - essentially the food order didn’t reach the kitchen! finally after another 5-10 mins the food came out …. OH BOY
5. The portions are shockingly poor / mash potato was so dry it looked days old! / 3 roasties per plate - quality was so poor none of us finished the meal
6. I asked for mint sauce and salt/ pepper - was given a jar of mint sauce as you would buy it from your shop and also the small packets of salt and pepper you see in fast food shops
Overall I had high expectations for this meal and was severely let down by service and food quality - I paid the bill and not even reduction due to the long wait time, we didn’t stay for desert but rather went to another restaurant - poor service / poor quality food and given the occasion just felt very disappointed! Avoid at all costs
Lovely place, the staff were friendly and helpful but the food was not great. The meat was nice but my nut roast was the worst thing i have had in a restaurant! The mash had big lumps of pepper in and overall the veg was disappointing